Dr. Madeleine Vieira
Clinical Child Psychologist
PhD, MA, PgDip, Cert.Clin.Sup, HCPC, BPS, PTUK
Dr. Madeleine Vieira is a Clinical Child Psychologist based in South Kensington, London. She works in private practice offering Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Behavioural Play Therapy, Play and Creative Arts Therapy, and Diagnostic Assessments to children.
In addition, Dr. Madeleine Vieira offers Clinical Supervision to Play and Creative Arts Therapy trainees and professionals.
Dr. Madeleine Vieira has studied at the C.G. Jung Institute in Los Angeles, has a Master degree from the University of Exeter as well as a Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from University California Los Angeles graduated in the top 2%.
In addition to being a registered Clinical Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), she is a qualified Test/Assessment User registered on the Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU) of the British Psychological Society (BPS) .
Dr. Madeleine Vieira is also an accredited Play and Creative Arts Therapist and accredited Certified Senior Clinical Supervisor in Play and Creative Arts Therapy registered with Play Therapy United Kingdom (PTUK) accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
In addition, Dr. Madeleine Vieira is Cool Kids accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) which involves treating childhood anxiety through a specifically designed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) program.
She works in accordance with HCPC, BPS and PTUK's ethical framework, conduct of practice and clinical governance procedures.
Dr. Madeleine Vieira has an Enhanced CRB Certificate and is also covered by professional indemnity insurance. She is also registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) for data protection.
She regularly attends support group meetings, training courses and annual conferences to further her professional development.
Dr. Madeleine Vieira previously worked as a Play and Creative Arts Therapist at a school in Chelsea and as a Behavioural Therapist with children diagnosed with Autism and various developmental disabilities during which she had to analyse children's behaviour and implement behavioural strategies using Applied Behaviour Analysis - Discrete Trial Therapy and Play Therapy as a behavioural modification intervention.
She also has experience serving as a Clinical Play Facilitator in a Children’s Program for which she had to undergo intense training in Los Angeles.
Dr. Madeleine Vieira is specialised in Anxiety Disorders and has also extensively worked
with the following:
Psychological Disorders - Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, ADD, Autism Spectrum Disorder
Third Culture Kids' Issues - Grief, Family Change, Cultural Adaptation, Transitions, Friendships
Academic Achievement - Learning Difficulties - Behavioural Difficulties - Illness - Social Isolation
Every individual child client Dr. Madeleine Vieira meets represents a new and fresh subjective reality or perspective on the world. Every client carries a narrative comprised of pain, love, loss, passion and life experience. To unravel and facilitate the unpacking of this narrative is the challenge and privilege of the Child Psychologist.
Dr. Madeleine Vieira is available for media enquiries.
- Consultations: £300 per session (75 minutes)
- Therapy: £250 per session (50 minutes)
- Assessment: £250 per hour
- School Observation: £250 per hour
- Ad hoc Admin (consultation via email/phone, reading reports, etc.): £250 per hour (pro-rata)
- Clinical Supervision: £150 per session
Dr. Madeleine Vieira is also registered with several private health insurance companies such as Aviva,
AXA PPP, Cigna, Cigna Global, Allianz Worldwide Care, and VitalityHealth who can offer reimbursement on session fees.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The British Psychological Society - Register of Qualifications in Test Use (BPS RQTU)
- The BPS Division of Clinical Psychology - Faculty for Children, Young People and their Families (BPS DCP CYPF)
- The BPS Division of Educational & Child Psychology (BPS DECP)
- Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice (AChiPPP)
- Play Therapy United Kingdom (PTUK) accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA)
- Association for Play Therapy (APT)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- California Psychological Association (CPA)
- Cool Kids accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)